Top 8 Simple Ways to Record Audio from YouTube Videos
Recording YouTube video might not seem like a useful feature. But if you observe the present YouTube statistics and the different needs of people, the need to be able to record audio from YouTube becomes very clear.
YouTube us the second most popular video streaming site among the millennial generation, after Netflix (Invideo). But people don’t just prefer it for its video content. According Ahrefs, music related searches make up more than 20% of the top 100 searches in the US.
In addition to that you might across some beautiful background music while surfing through the videos, only to find it unavailable anywhere else. You might also come across some interesting speech and wish to record it. These, along with infinite other reasons, make recording YouTube audio a need for many.
Recording YouTube audio needs either a third-party application or an online web service that allows you to do this.
Recording YouTube audio via Audacity
Audacity is a free multi-track audio recorder and editor software that is very easy to use. It is compatible with several operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, etc.
It can record streaming audio via a microphone or mixer. In some newer versions of Windows you can even do it using some sound cards.
Audacity is the perfect YouTube audio recorder if you want to record only a part of the video’s sound.
How to record audio from YouTube using Audacity?
1. Install the Audacity software on your device.
2. After installation is complete, open the software. Click on Edit from the Menu Bar. Then go to Preferences.
3. In this window, go to the Devices section and then find the Recording section.
4. Click on Stereo Mix under Recording Device.
5. If Stereo Mix is disables go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound.
6. In the Sound window go to Recording, then Show Disabled Devices. Now right click on it and enable it.
7. Click OK and save the settings changes.
8. Now open Audacity again and select Stereo Mix under Recording Device.
9. Under Recording Channels select 2 (Stereo).
10. Now you can open your YouTube video and click on the record button.
11. Click on Stop when you want to finish the recording.
You can now export the recording can in MP3 format.
Recording YouTube audio using YouTubeToMP3 Converter
This is a free service that can convert YouTube videos to MP3 format of your desired quality. You can then download this file and access the audio. It is fast, safe and simple. Although the site may sometimes show ads, it will never ask for money. You can also upload the converted files to cloud storage like Google Drive or Dropbox.
How to record YouTube audio with YouTubeToMP3 converter?
1. Open the YouTube video and copy its URL.
2. Now open YouTubeToMP3 and paste the copied URL in the white text box.
3. Now click on the red Go button next to the text box. The thumbnail of the video will appear.
4. From the dropdown menu choose the quality. Click on the red Convert button and wait for it to finish the conversion.
5. Once conversion is over, click on the Download button below.
You can find the downloaded file in your device storage in Downloads.
Recording YouTube audio using Online Video Converter Pro
OVC is YouTube audio recorder closely similar to the last website. This is also free. It can convert videos to MP3, AVI, MP4, etc. It works for platforms other than YouTube too. It lets you save the audio from videos on Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo and various other sites.
However, OVC will not let you choose the quality of your files.
How to audio record from YouTube using OVC?
1. Copy the URL of the video.
2. Open the Online Video Converter site.
3. Paste the link into the textbox.
4. Choose the format you want the file in.
5. Click on the orange Convert button.
6. After 100% conversion is complete, click on the orange Download button.
You can access the file from the Downloads section of your device storage.
Recording from YouTube with YouTube-dl
A command line is a user interface that lets you interact with the system by prompting commands in place of a mouse. Using this Windows command line in recording YouTube audio is very simple. YouTube-dl will save the audio component of the video in M4A format. You can then convert this file to MP3 using FFmpeg. This is another free open-source program, just like YouTube-dl.
How to record audio from YouTube with YouTube-dl?
1. Download YouTube-dl and FFmpeg to your PC.
2. Copy the URL of the YouTube video.
3. Open Command Prompt. You can search “cmd” in the Start menu and run it from there.
4. Type in the command in the image below.
Make sure to properly specify the path where you downloaded the application. This is also where it will save your audio file. Here, “cd” stands for “change directory”.
5. Press Enter. YouTube-dl will strip the audio off the video and save it to your PC.
You can refer to this video tutorial for further assistance. It is clear and easy to follow.
Recording YouTube audio by downloading the video
One easy way to record audio from YouTube is to download the video first. You can then convert it to MP3 format. The most convenient way of downloading any YouTube video is to use a free video downloader site.
How to download YouTube video online?
1. Copy the URL of the video.
2. Go to SaveFromNet video downloader.
3. Paste the URL in the textbox and click on the green Download button.
4. Choose the quality from the dropdown menu below.
5. Click on Download.
Once downloading is complete, convert it to MP3 using another free online audio converter. A plethora of such free converters are available online.
How to convert downloaded YouTube video to MP3?
1. Open CloudConvert.
2. Click on the red Select File button. Then on From my Computer.
3. Choose the video from your device. It must be present in the Downloads folder.
4. After selection, choose the audio format you want it in. It is MP3 in this case. But CloudConvert lets you choose from many formats like M4A, WAV, WMA, etc.
5. Now click on the red Convert button. Wait for it to upload and convert the file.
6. Once conversion is over, a window opens with the audio bar. You can click on the green Download button. You can also click on the three dots and select Download from there.
The audio file will appear in your Downloads folder now.
Recording YouTube audio using Streaming Audio Recorder
This is one of the simplest ways of audio recording from YouTube. It can record audio straightaway from the sound card or microphone. Hence, you can use it to record audio from other platforms like Spotify, Jango, etc. too. It also comes with an in-built editor tool. Thus, you can cut and merge audio clips the way you like. It also lets you to convert your recording to different audio formats such as MP3, WMA, AAC, etc.
How to record YouTube audio using Streaming Audio Recorder?
1. Install the Streaming Audio Recorder app and launch it.
2. Click on gear icon. From the menu, click on Settings.
3. Select the audio source as System Sound.
4. Now play the YouTube video. Click on the red button to start recording.
5. Click on the stop button to end recording.
Record YouTube audio using Free Sound Recorder
This is the perfect YouTube audio recorder. It lets you enjoy tons of songs and albums completely free of cost. You can store your recordings in various audio formats like MP3, WAV, WMA or OGG. You can record sound through your sound card. Thus, this lets you record audio from streaming platforms such as YouTube. But it can also record audio via microphone, disc player, and radio. It can record audio from other programs like iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. too.
It also enables hands free recordings. Besides all this, it comes with a digital editor tool. It has few basic features and some special audio effects. You can Crop, Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete your clips. You can also add effects like Chorus, Echo, Amplify, Fade in/out, etc.
How to use Free Sound Recorder?
1. Install Free Sound Recorder.
2. Launch the application. Click on the Record button to start the sound recorder.
3. Click on Show mixer window. Then choose the audio source under Recording Mixer.
4. Then select Stereo Mix under Recording Device.
5. You can customize the sound volume and balance now.
6. To choose the audio format of your recording, go to Options > General Settings.
7. Now play the YouTube video and click on Start Recording.
8. You can export your audio clip after you have finished recording. You can also attach artist and song information to your clips.
Record from YouTube using Video Download Capture
This application lets you download both audio and video. It also supports a range of audio and video formats. You can save videos in MP4, FLV, WMV, 3GP and many more formats. It supports 4K and HD videos too. You can audio record YouTube videos in MP3, WMA, AAC, M4A, OGG etc.
It works on almost all video streaming platforms like YouTube, Udemy, Vimeo, etc. The interface is simple and downloading quick. Highest speed can reach up to 10 MB/s.
It also offers you a bunch of handy tools like screen recorder, audio/video editor, etc.
How to record audio from YouTube with Video Download Capture?
1. Go to the YouTube video and copy its URL to the clipboard.
2. Download Video Download Capture application and open the program.
3. Click on the speaker icon. From the dropdown menu, select Audio.
4. Click on the blue Paste URL button towards the left of the page.
5. Paste the video URL and start downloading the audio.
These are the most convenient ways of recording YouTube audio. All of them work effortlessly and have their own special benefits to offer. So we hope that this list has helped you to answer your queries on how to record audio of YouTube videos.