Top 10 Ways for you to Record Online Music
Recording online music from various online platforms is a difficult task. Most such sites and platforms have strong security measures to avoid theft of intellectual property. This makes it almost impossible to download directly from them.
An easy hack to navigate around this is to record the internal audio of your PC via its sound card. This can be done in a variety of ways.
Here is a list of some of the most efficient methods to record online music.
Free web-based online music recorders
As mentioned earlier, there is a myriad of services or applications available that can record online music. The most convenient of them is obviously a free web-based service. They do not need you to spend a penny or install any new program to your devices.
Here is a good suggestion for such websites.
Grooveshark is a free web-based music service that allows anyone with an internet connection to listen to music on demand. It’s the simplest way to find and play free music online, with millions of songs to choose from.
It enables you to record online music for free. It offers you to choose from a huge list of songs and artists.
How to record online music with Grooveshark?
1. To use Grooveshark, go to the toolbar and press the Grooveshark button.
2. Now enter the name of the song or artist you are looking for into the search box and hit the “Search” button.
3. The search results will be appearing in a table format. When you press the “Play” button before a song, a built-in player will begin buffering. The song will the begin to play.
4. Now click on Record.
5. Click on Show Mixer window and choose the audio source and recording device. You can now adjust volume and balance.
6. Go to Options > General settings and select the output format here.
7. Click on Start recording to begin recording.
Free third-party online music recorder applications
A more efficient way of recording online music in high quality is to install specific applications for it. A large chunk of such programs are available for free. This way you can record online music effortlessly without burning a hole in your pocket.
A list of the best free applications for recording online music is given below.
Audacity is a free audio recorder software that works on many OSs. It lets you record external audio like any regular sound recorder.. But it also works like a Windows 10 streaming audio recorder for capturing internal audio on your PC. This way you can record online music from YouTube videos, video games, Spotify, etc.
It also offers you several features for free. The recordings are also clear and of high quality. You can also use an external microphone. It comes with several editor tools too..
How to record online songs with Audacity?
1. Open the software. Click on Edit from the Menu Bar. Then go to Preferences.
2. In this window, go to the Devices section and then find the Recording section.
3. Click on Stereo Mix under Recording Device.
4. If Stereo Mix is disables go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound.
5. In the Sound window go to Recording, then Show Disabled Devices. Now right click on it and enable it.
6. Click OK and save the settings changes.
7. Now open Audacity again and select Stereo Mix under Recording Device.
8. Under Recording Channels select 2 (Stereo).
9. Now you can open your YouTube video and click on the record button.
10. Click on Stop when you want to finish the recording.
Free Sound Recorder
This is the perfect free YouTube audio recorder. It lets you enjoy tons of songs and albums free of cost. You can store your recordings in various audio formats like MP3, WAV, WMA or OGG. You can record sound through your sound card. Thus, this lets you record audio from streaming platforms such as YouTube. But it can also record audio via microphone, disc player, and radio. It can record audio from other programs like iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc. too.
It also enables hands free recordings. Besides all this, it comes with a digital editor tool. It has few basic features and some special audio effects. You can Crop, Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete your clips. You can also add effects like Chorus, Echo, Amplify, Fade in/out, etc.
How to use Free Sound Recorder?
1. Install Free Sound Recorder.
2. Launch the application. Click on the Record button to start the sound recorder.
3. Click on Show mixer window. Then choose the audio source under Recording Mixer.
4. Then select Stereo Mix under Recording Device.
5. You can customize the sound volume and balance now.
6. To choose the audio format of your recording, go to Options > General Settings.
7. Now play the YouTube video and click on Start Recording.
8. You can export your audio clip after you have finished recording. You can also attach artist and song information to your clips.
Streaming Audio Recorder by Apowersoft
This is one of the simplest ways of audio recording from YouTube. It can record audio straightaway from the sound card or microphone. Hence, you can use it to record audio from other platforms like Spotify, Jango, etc. too. It also comes with an in-built editor tool. Thus, you can cut and merge audio clips the way you like. It also lets you to convert your recording to different audio formats such as MP3, WMA, AAC, etc.
How to record music from online using Streaming Audio Recorder?
1. Install the Streaming Audio Recorder app and launch it.
2. Click on gear icon. From the menu, click on Settings.
3. Select the audio source as System Sound.
4. Now play the YouTube video. Click on the red button to start recording.
5. Click on the stop button to end recording.
CamStudio is a free, open-source screen recorder that also captures the sound on your monitor. This makes it ideal for recording online music. It records to AVI. This means that you will have to use other methods to convert the audio to an MP3 format. Even though this is a two-step procedure, it isn’t too difficult.
Krut is a free software that records audio and video separately into different files, which is very useful. Although the audio is encoded in WAV format, you can still convert between audio formats using another software. The recording quality is fine, and they have an online manual that outlines all of the choices and features.
As the name suggests, Spotify Recorder is the best online music recorder for Spotify users. It records audio straight from the sound card and can even add information about the artist and song.
The best part of it is that it records online music for free. You don’t even need a Spotify Premium account to be able to use this software.
Premium online music recorders
If you are a looking for certain advanced features, you should definitely go for some of these premium applications.
With an annual subscription you can enjoy all its premium features without being interrupted by ads.
Audio Highjack is the perfect online music recorder software for beginners. It has simple interface and controls that are easy to get grip on.
It is perfect for Mac users who want to record online music.
It is a digital audio workstation. Its development was specifically for producing radio shows, phone calls and other similar projects. It lets you listen to edited audio in real time. You can also save captured video very easily in almost no time. You can record online conversations on platforms like Skype too.
The editing tool in Audio Highjack is also really efficient.
Streaming Audio Recorder by Wondershare
At $19, Wondershare’s Streaming Audio Recorder is the cheapest among the variety of premium online song recorders.
It allows you to record from a variety of online music services and includes features such as automatically obtaining artist information, conveniently separating between tracks. It can even filter out advertisements that play before or after a song.
Wiretap Studio provides almost the exact features provided by Audio Highjack. It is only lot more expensive than it.
These are the most versatile and easy ways to record online music on your devices. Choose any one according to your preferences and you’re good to go.